The Quran, the holy book of Islam, is considered to be the word of God as revealed to the Prophet Muhammad over a period of 23 years. It is a source of guidance and inspiration for Muslims all over the world, and the recitation of the Quran holds a special place in Islamic worship. The recitation of the Quran in a melodious manner is known as tarteel, and it is considered to be an essential part of the Quranic tradition.
There are several reasons why the Quran is learned in tarteel:
- Preservation of the Quran: The Quran was initially revealed in the Arabic language, and its preservation is of utmost importance for Muslims. The Quranic text has been transmitted orally from generation to generation, and the tarteel recitation has played a crucial role in ensuring its accuracy and authenticity. The melodious recitation style of tarteel has helped to ensure that the Quran has been passed down without any changes in its wording or meaning.
- Enhancing Understanding: Tarteel recitation is not just about memorizing the words of the Quran, but also about understanding its meaning. The melodious recitation helps to enhance the listener’s understanding of the Quranic text and its deeper meanings. The rhythmic patterns and the emphasis on certain words or phrases help to bring out the nuances of the text and make it easier to comprehend.
- Connecting with Allah: Tarteel recitation is also considered to be a form of worship, and it is a way for Muslims to connect with Allah. The melodious recitation of the Quran helps to create a spiritual atmosphere that helps the listener to focus on the words of Allah and connect with Him on a deeper level. The tarteel recitation is often accompanied by a sense of awe and reverence, which helps to create a deeper spiritual experience for the listener.
- Beautification of Worship: Tarteel recitation is a beautiful form of worship, and it adds an element of beauty to Islamic worship. The melodious recitation is often accompanied by other forms of Islamic art such as calligraphy and architecture, which help to create a sense of harmony and beauty in Islamic worship. The beauty of tarteel recitation has been appreciated by people of all faiths and cultures, and it is considered to be one of the most beautiful forms of religious expression.
- Educational Value: Tarteel recitation has educational value, and it is often used in Islamic schools to teach children the Quranic text. The melodious recitation helps to make learning the Quran more enjoyable and interesting, and it helps to create a love for the Quranic text among children. Tarteel recitation is also used in Islamic lectures and sermons, and it helps to create a more engaging and memorable learning experience for the listener.
In conclusion, the Quran is learned in tarteel for several reasons. It helps to preserve the Quranic text, enhances understanding, connects Muslims with Allah, adds beauty to Islamic worship, and has educational value. The melodious recitation style of tarteel is an essential part of the Quranic tradition, and it is considered to be one of the most beautiful forms of religious expression.